Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Wilding Family Hike

Last Saturday we set out on our first family hike. We didn't want to go too far from our house, so fortunately we live close to a huge park with a trail. The trail we started at begins at the same place that a disc golf route begins. Here are the boys at the trailhead:


Fluffy was SO excited to go. The first half mile he was excited-panting and swinging his arms and kicking his legs. He is one cute kid!


We stopped near the Dell Diamond for some refreshment and hydrating. And Seth-watching. :)



Following the hike, we tried out the Jack-in-the-Box fruit smoothies. At first we thought they were a rip-off ('cept we had coupons). Then we tried them. Zowie! They are yummy! The first of many hikes and smoothies experiences, we hope.


Many happy returns!

8 comments:

Michelle said...

What a fun post, Becky! Ya'll are awesome. Fluffy is quite the trooper already. :)

France said...

How fun! Last week we went hiking with a friend and her kids. It felt so good to hike again. I am sure we were quite the site. My friend and I both had our babies in slings. Then there was Jackson and her two little ones. We were surprised how well the kids did. It was a fun day! Lashelle

Buttle Family said...

What fun family memories. You all are such a cute family.

JenB said...

Becky, Daniel,& Fluffy.
It is so fun to watch you on your many family adventures. We love you!

Katie said...

Og my goodness...how abSOlutely adorable!!!

Katie said...

Oops, I meant "Oh" not "Og" in my comment above :)

llamitanan said...

What a fun tradition for your family! The pictures are awesome! I especially like the first one of Daniel and Seth together and the added caption. How were you able to take one of all of you together on the bridge?

Heather said...

Yay for family hikes! Way to get out and enjoy nature together:-) Good job on your Photo Shop skills--the pictures look good. And lastly, your blog format looks nice...I use Google Reader a lot, so sorry if you changed it a long time ago, but I just noticed...and I like it!