Monday, September 22, 2008

Fiesta Date

Last Saturday Daniel and I--thanks to the Wildings--had a day long date. We drove down to San Antonio for the National Instruments company picnic. They rented Six Flags Fiesta Texas for the day for just us (and the other NI employees and families). Anyhow, we loved the time to be together and to have fun together. We only had two "long" lines: ten minutes for the Gully Washer (raft down the rapids) and for the ferris wheel.

Here are some snippets of our day, captured by the camera and brought to you by Photoshop:

Yes, I can beat Daniel on bowling if it's with a Wii. If it weren't so much more expensive to buy the system and the game than to go out to the bowling alley, I might beat him more often. Sigh.


Can you believe we did NOT buy Cold Stone there? Surprisingly it wasn't much more expensive than in the stores. We just had ice cream bars for lunch, so didn't feel the splurge. Someday I want to own a bookstore, just like Barnes & Noble, only instead of having a coffee shop in the corner of the store so that the stench of coffee smacks you as you walk in the doors, we would have a Cold Stone Creamery (or other marble slab creamery) in the corner so that the sweet cream and the fresh, warm waffle cone smell wafts through the air as you peruse the bookshelves. Someday....

Daniel = the Boss. Need I say more?

We had a grand time there at Six Flags. It was also fun to meet people who work with Daniel, and their families. Ahhh! I love my Daniel!

Many happy returns!

5 comments:

llamitanan said...

That does sound like a fun day. Enjoyed your creative way of presenting it. Thanks!

chapples8 said...

I love bowling with Wii, much better score than with real bowling. Sounds like a very fun day in San Antonio. Did you get to see the beautiful temple while you were there?

JenB said...

What a fun post! Looks like you guys had a great time. Can't wait to come down to Texas and join you on your many crazy adventures. We need to plan a trip soon!

Stephanie Johnson said...

Wow, you are lucky to have built in babysitters! It looks like a fun trip. I really want to go to Sea World in San Antonio someday soon...

Michelle said...

Okay, I'm trying really, really hard not to be jealous. . . .{sounds of exertion}. . .
Sigh! It's not working!
teehee JK.
Ya'll deserve it! :)Love you!