When Aunt Mandy and Ari came to visit in June, they brought Fluffy this cute stick-horse. He thought it was pretty cool, but we set it up in the corner of his room since he couldn't use it yet. The other day I pulled it out to see what he would think of it. He got so excited!! I set it down on the ground and he crawled his little army crawl over to it. He loves the hair. Sometimes the horse talks to Fluffy, and Fluffy LOVES that.
Seth has become very mobile. He uses the army crawl to bypass rooms in mere seconds. Also, he climbs. Especially Mommy and Daddy. He uses our hands and arms and feet to lift himself up into a stand--using our strength, of course.Lately he has seemed rather clingy. I mentioned that to my mom on the phone and she thought that he might be bored. Sure enough, now that I make sure containers of items he can pull out and plenty of books are in reach (and in crib) he spends more time learning and less time grabbing at Mommy's pant legs. Smart kid.
Little Fluffy has a great sense of humor. He loves to imitate sounds, too. This little kid--I know you're all surprised by this in MY son--even has his own courtesy laugh. He is absolutely delighted when he crawls towards us and we are watching him and egging him on.
Yesterday we went to Old Settler's Park to visit with other moms and kids in the ward. Seth tried the baby swings for the first time. A girl was in the swing next to him, and he put his hands exactly in the places on the swing that she had her hands. Check out the grin if you wonder how he liked it.
Fluffy has been trying some new foods as of late. He loves whatever fruit Mommy and Daddy are eating. The other night we tried some homemade Beto's with homemade tortillas, and we made a Sethy-sized tortilla for our little one. Boy, oh boy! He loved it!
We love spending time with Seth, watching Seth, feeding Seth, taking Seth for a family walk (He LOVES his stroller.), playing with Seth, reading to Seth, dressing Seth, giving Seth a bath, and other Seth activities. He now consistently says, "Mamamamama." The other day I tried to get him to say his name, emphasizing the "s". He did a fbbt sound, emphasized, in response. So cute!What a great kid. We sure love our "little dude".
Many happy returns!
5 comments:
What a clever post for Seth! I think you need to practice "NA NA" with him. :)
It is so good to hear that Seth is doing so well! We sure love to watch him grow. What a cutie!
That little dude is just awesome. Then before you know it, it's coocookachoo! :) (40 pts.?)
Loved this post! I can't wait to hear Smoothie's courtesy laugh. He is such a delightful little guy. You did a great job with the pictures in this post--made it especially fun to read!
P.S. What's Beto's?
Was Beto's not around when Michelle was in Provo? I always liked Cafe Rio better than Betos. Both great though!
Seth is growing up so fast! The joy of Motherhood really is the best kept secret. You don't know just how much JOY you can feel until you are a mother!
I love his cute SHUBBINESS!!!!
Love you, Seth!
--your favorite Aunt Mandy
Post a Comment