Friday, January 2, 2009

Your Mexican Food Fix

Daniel and I have been trying different food approaches since we are eating more healthily.  Just before Thanksgiving, the sweet potatoes were so cheap that I bought some extras and vowed that I would figure out a way to use them.  A couple of weeks later we decided to use them for dinner, so I boiled them in water to soften them, hoping to make them into french fries (baked, of course).  Well, we ended up over-boiling them, so they were too soft.  Thus baking was out of the question.  A little voice (Gusteau?) asked why we couldn't use them as fries anyWAY?  Not having prepared anything else for dinner, we brought out the ever popular flour tortillas, put our cut-up sweet potatoes on them (fried slightly with olive oil and onions and garlic), added cheese  and bacon bits and FAT FREE sour cream (can you even taste a difference?) and green onions (the splurge in our family), and a wonderful, healthifuler Mexican food fix meal was born:

 

 

Behold the  SWEET POTATO BURRITO!

 

Many happy (and yummy) returns!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Yummy! I never would have thought of that. Can't wait to try it. . . .:)