Sunday, January 4, 2009

We have a new house!

As per Wilding tradition, to which I was introduced after I married Daniel, New Year's Day festivities include decorating gingerbread houses.  This year Daniel and I were a team.  (Seth was taking a nap.)  The house came already put together, so we had only to decorate it.  It was so fun to do with everyone else working on their own houses at the same time.

Turns out, I was REALLY lucky to be on Daniel's team.  See all of those icicles?  He did them.  He had some pretty brilliant ideas and executed them well.  My one brainchild was the peppermint bench in our front yard.  Kaely said that it looks comfortable to sit in.  Daniel just tried to eat it.  ;)

 

 

Here are the other homes that we did record, with their respective constructive geniuses:

 

 

 

Here's a closer look at the details of Kaely's front yard:

 

 

Now, if we can just hold off  on the eating of it until our No Questions Asked day this week...

 

 

Many happy returns!

6 comments:

chapples8 said...

Sounds like a great tradition to do gingerbread houses for New Years instead of around Christmas when you're so busy and there's already too many sweets. Yours turned out great! Actually, all of them look very nice and neat and creative.:)

wildingtex said...

Love your creative pictures Becky - you are talented!!!! Thanks for taking the pictures too - I'd love a copy! Mom W

Michelle said...

How fun! I love the way you did this post, Becky!
We follow Chris's family's tradition of doing them on New Year's Eve. One of the best parts of doing it after Christmas is that you can get all the candy on CLEARANCE. Awesome.

Taylor's said...

whats the font called that you used on these Gingerbread House Pictures? Its really pretty, and so are the Houses :)

Becky said...

Thanks, Melayne. The font is called CK Holiday Spirit.

Stephanie Johnson said...

Wow, those houses are amazing. I'd live in it. :) Yummy! What a fun tradition.