Please do not wonder (if you see the time I posted) why I am not in church meetings. --written yesterday afternoon-- My sweet Bubba really does not feel well, and is resting. He caught a cold just before his birthday, and the cough/congestion culminated this morning.
His birthday day was an interesting day for me, but I will focus on him for his special day:
The birthday boy with his leftover cake:
We headed to the doctor for his year appointment very first thing in the morning. And, he has hardly grown at all in three months! Yes, my child is in the 5th percentile for both height and weight! In fact, we had to fatten him up on his birthday so that he would weigh enough to turn his car seat around on Saturday. Other than that, he's pretty healthy. The doctor wants us to make sure he gets his calories. (Grandpa Bailey told us to feed him lots of ice cream. :) Then, we come in after a month for a weigh-in.
Bubba did well with the shots, except he really didn't like lying on the examination bed. He is a sweet, healthy dude. For lunch, I gave him a one-slice peanut butter and jelly sandwich (very thinly spread peanut butter, so it doesn't stick), some nectarine pieces, and a leftover piece of birthday cake.
He slept well until the smoke alarm went off (somehow from an iron that had just barely turned on?), but had a fun evening with Mommy and Daddy, and saw Uncle Russ for Book of Mormon stories and family prayer.
A year has already passed since we welcomed our son into this life. I love getting to know him as his own person and teaching him about life and living. Sometimes I look into his eyes and see a world of person so excited to learn and to be here. This amazing little dude can already do so much.
He all but walks. In the past week he has developed a stink-bug crawl, on his hands and feet. He signs, bye-bye, dog, fish, eat, water, juice, please, thank you, all done, more, and bird. He says, Momma, Daddy, please, and copies other words we say. He loves to blow on his food and declare things, "Hah!" (hot). Often he understands what we say, and races towards the bathroom when we say that it's bath time. I usually save laundry loads to start when he is awake, since he loves to help me load the washing machine and push the buttons.
Oh, I love this boy! I am blessed and honored to have him as a son, and I pray each day that I can be the best mom for him.
Get better soon, my son! I love you.
Many happy returns!
6 comments:
Sorry he is sick. It is no fun when our little ones don't feel good. Don't worry too much about his weight. He will caught up when he needs to. My little one has been in the 5th for weight and 35 for height for a while and he is just fine.
I was glad to hear Seth was better by evening. Seth looked very healthy and happy when he was here Christmas time as he does in the sweet pictures. Good way to help him put on the weight--cake and ice cream. :) When are you going to post the video of signing?
McKay loves to do the laundry too, so I usually save it for him too. They LOVE to help and feel 'big'. So glad you are enjoying Seth. Hope he gets feeling better soon!
BTW: my pediatrician here told me to put McKay on a high fat 'toddler diet' because he too is a skinny little guy. At least 10 no more than 15 oz of Dairy/day (full fat yogurt, milk, cheese, etc) lots of fish, eggs (yoke esp), butter, meat, oil, etc. ON another note, who comes up with the percentiles anyway?!? I hope they don't include the samoan babies etc!!
He is so cute Becky! It is easy to understand why you love being his mom so much :) I hope he is feeling lots better by now. And don't worry about him being thin. All three of my kids are super skinny and all three are so very healthy. And at least you don't have to worry about all the health issues that might arise due to him being overweight!
Wow- he's a year old! Happy Birthday to him! I cannot believe it's been a whole year since you moved to Texas! I love reading your blog- it makes me feel (almost) like you're here. I miss you guys!
Happy Birthday! He's such a cutie. I was so happy that I could be there with him on his special day. Can't wait to see you again!
Post a Comment