Monday, January 5, 2009

Have you ever?

That was one of my favorite get-to-know-you games in college:  five pennies/fingers.  Everyone starts with five pennies and, then you start around the room with each person saying something that they've done, but they think that no one else has done.  If you hadn't done that thing, you had to give up a penny (or tuck in a finger; you didn't have to give away THAT).  The last person with pennies wins.

This list has been floating around.  Maybe you've seen it and don't like it.  If so, have a nice day!  If not, then enjoy the list with my markings (bold if I have done it), and feel free to post your own list.  I copied the list from my sister Mandy's blog.  In fact, I have kept some appropriate markings {in italics} that she had made that are coherent with my own.

1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band

4. Visited Hawaii 
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity (silly, that's not something to publicize)
7. Been to Disneyland (& Disney World!)
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sung a solo
11. Bungee jumped (never had the desire)
12. Visited Paris (looks stunning from the airport :)
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
(zucchini in our backyard, baby!)
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France too many France ones--I'm adding my own:
19. Been in more than one place at once (4 corners--AZ, CO, NM, UT)
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill (hooray for mental sick days!)
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a HALF Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse (I'm not into British barbers...)
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise (day cruise in Seattle?)
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person (and felt them!)
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
(every Sunday on the way to church in PA)
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied (ridiculous--if you're waiting for "enough money" to be satisfied, you'll never get there no matter how wealthy you are)
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight (how about at sunset?)
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted (a caricature drawn)
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
50. Ridden on a ferris wheel
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling (Sounds kind of scary to me.)
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
(and pictures to prove it!)
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
(supporting role in the Bailey family's Sleeping Beauty)
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class (and then threw a policeman in training!  Well, he did let me...)
59. Visited Russia (Ukraine close enough?)
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma

65. Gone sky diving (no thank you!)
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp (I did make a very sobering visit to the Smithsonian Holocaust Museum in Washington D.C.)
67. Bounced a check (oh, the shame . . .)
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt 
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades (Maybe, are they near that one park in Tallahassee?)
75. Been fired from a job (Actually, a strange story...)
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London (I've seen them in Ottawa, Canada)
77. Broken a bone (My brother's thumb.  Sorry, Russ.  I bequeath you my, uh, my Nacho Libre DVD.)
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person (hiked it, Rim to Rim!)
80. Published a book (someday!)
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House (but I didn't go in)
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox

89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person (We live so close that we hopefully will soon.)
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit (Prosecuting Attorney in a mock trial?)
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Seen Mount Rushmore in person
101. Learned to play an instrument 

Many happy returns!

2 comments:

Katheryn said...

So when I got to "slept in an overnight train" all I could think of was Ukraine and those awful trains that I, and I am sure you, spent quite a few nights on. I LOVE Ukraine, but those train rides were not pleasant (especially the bathrooms, yuck!!!).

Becky said...

Actually, I really liked those trains (EXCEPT the bathrooms). Sister Parker and I were upgraded to a first class coupe one time, and there was a sink and chocolates on our pillows!

I do understand why you don't like them, though. :)