Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Bear Down

A year ago this phrase meant something completely different to me as it does now, when my son is nearing his first birthday.  I do feel like an "Arizona girl", as my Grandma Bailey once told someone.  My first almost sixteen years of life were spent in Tucson, AZ.  Tucson is home to the University of Arizona, the wildcats.  My parents occasionally attended UofA football games, and taught us to cheer for UofA athletics.  (Don't worry.  I'm True Blue and nothing can ever change that.  We just cheered for them as our secondary favorite team.)  We proudly watched Lute Olsen take his UofA Wildcat basketball team to the National Championship at the end of one year's March madness.  Recently, Nana and Grandpa Bailey gave Seth a UofA outfit, which now fits him almost just right.

The Wildcats' fight song is titled, "Bear Down".  I am quite certain that a man wrote the words to the song.  Or maybe a woman did, a woman who had been in labor and who knew a different type of fight song.

 

 

2009 LIVE

2 comments:

llamitanan said...

How cute! Dad and I both enjoyed a fun chuckle at how fierce he looks--BEAR DOWN! Makes me want to sing, "Bear Down, Arizona! Bear Down, UofA!" Roarrrrr!

Michelle said...

Ha! I have to admit, I thought of that secondary meaning pretty quickly when I saw the title of your post. We must be sisters, or something!
Seth is so adorable. I wish I could be there for his BD! Waaah! (Hopefully he won't cry too much without his Aunt Michelle there. :))