Friday, January 23, 2009

Introducing Russ to Texas:

 

My brother Russ stayed with us en route to and from an interview here in Texas.  We showed him a grand 'ole time, explaining that we were simply bribing him to come back (extra points if you bring Jen and kids!).  He arrived in time for Bubba's birthday party.  Then he had his interview on Friday, arriving home in time to play a few games with us and in time to eat Blue Bell ice cream.  (See!  I told you we were bribing him.)

Saturday we went out on the town.

 

We hiked to the Round Rock, then circled back around to Round Rock Donuts.  The place was packed!  Sure love those chocolate-covered donuts.  Also glad that it was NQA day!

 

 

What's a Round Rock experience without going to HEB Plus!?  We showed Russ the sushi making bar and the tortilla machine and the ice cream.  Then, before we took Russ back to the airport, we took him to Rudy's.  Yup.  Those who have been there are probably salivating right now.  Me, too.  Like I say, we were BRIBING him to come back.  Do I know my brother?

 

 

I love that Seth here is reading the sign, or looks like he is.  In actuality, someone started coming through the door.

Also, I just really like this picture below and wanted to share.  It's part of my theme this year to LIVE:  These two--my favorite boys--bring me so much joy and happiness.  I just have to smile when I see such a precious picture of the two of them.  Daniel's an amazing dad and serves me and Seth constantly.  Seth is such a swell kid.  He now says, "I love you" back to us when we put him to bed.  The words are slurred, but the smile and intonation are there.

 

 

Anyhow, good luck with your decision making, Russ and Jen.  I'll bet you know what we're all singing:  "It's a match, it's a match, it's a match, it's a match,..."  (Hopefully all y'all know the tune.:)

2009 LIVE copy

3 comments:

JenB said...

What a fun post Becky! I know that Russ had an absolutely wonderful time in TX with you guys. Thanks for taking care of my honey-honey while he was interviewing! We really appreciate that!

bluenomad77 said...

Becky, this post is awesome. I had a fantastic time, and yes, the mention of Rudy's has me salivating. And the mention of Blue Bell. And RR donuts. (You get the idea.)
It was great getting to know Seth more, too. You guys are so much fun!

Michelle said...

How fun! I'm jealous of Russ getting to be there, and I'm jealous of you for getting time with Russ. :)
Love all of you so much! Heaven will be when we live within walking distance!
P.S. Why are Seth's words slurred? What are you giving him to drink? (JK. Ha!)