Ever since Elder Russell M. Nelson's talk from the April General Conference, I have thought a lot about making our family focused on the temple. My sister recently discussed the temple being like home, which it literally is the House of God. There is always a sweet spirit in our home when we arrive and for the day or two afterwards. The two things that I have thought about (there are many, I know) that we can do to focus on the temple is 1) to attend often, so that sweet spirit can be so familiar in our homes, and 2) to make my house/home a house of order and a spiritual haven so that my Savior would feel at home if He were here.
How blessed we are to live in a time when temples dot the earth. I love the temple and know that we come closer to our Savior through attending.
Thanks to some dear friends, who trade off babysitting with us, we attend a session last Saturday. We then watched their son while they did a sealings session. These will give you an idea of how we spent the time while they were in the temple:
When we were juggling kids, we temporarily had Seth in the open trunk. I think he got a little worried.
Many happy returns!
6 comments:
Seth is so cute. He has the most beautiful blue eyes.It was good to see your cute family.
Loved the post. Seth is SSSSOOOOOO cute! I LOVE to see the Temple too--one of my FAVORITE things to do. Sure glad you and Daniel go faithfully. Your children will follow in your footsteps. Good job!
I love how big and grown up he is getting! You do an amazing job on you blog and with your little boy.
Becky! Hello! This is Brianna (Hawks) Olsen, and I found your post off Summer's, which I got off Kirstin's...wow, this could be a long story, but it stops there. Anyway, it was fun to check out all that you've been up to! I love your happiness-it is contagious! I hope you continue to do well!
You are such a sweet mom. I hope you don't mind me reading your blog and seeing what's going on with you and yours. Seth is a little darling. I know you must be so proud of him.
I love how you did the pictures, Becky!
I'm glad you have people to trade with. It is so precious to have time in the temple with your spouse.
Beautiful thoughts about a beautiful place!
Post a Comment