Saturday, October 18, 2008

Nine, nine, nine, fantastic number nine!

Happy nine months to our little one!!

 

Our sweet Fluffy/Smoothie just turned nine months, and boy, does he make life fun.  We took him to the doctor on Friday and he hasn't shrunk, but he is in lower percentiles than he has ever been: 50th on height and 25th on weight.  I promise I am feeding him!  The doctor gave the go-ahead to feed him whatever we wanted, just so long as it was soft enough for him to eat.  (Maybe he was hinting that I should feed him more. :)

I hadn't been planning on any shots, but the paper they gave me mentioned a blood count.  The nurse explained that it was to check for anemia.  So, a little prick, I asked.  Yes, I was told.  After we talked with the doctor, he handed me some paperwork for "the blood work," he said.  I was pointed to the clinical lab down the hall, where I waited for 25 minutes.  When we were called back, the nurses did a little grabbing and pointing and I noticed a LARGE needle and a tube.  So, I tried to distract my sweet son, as one nurse held his arm down and the other nurse stuck my son's arm and started digging for the vein.  Seth did great until after almost a minute of "digging" (felt like 10 minutes to me).  They took a lot of blood from my little one.  Poor guy!

As the story suggests, this kid is quite a trooper.  After that incident, he went with me on errands for the next five hours and never fussed (except for climbing into his car seat AGAIN).  He does roll with the punches.

Seth is one smart dude.  The other day, when I was getting him out of his high chair to wash him off, I found him trying to put his seat belt back on.  He had two pieces--that do go together--and was trying to fit them.  He loves figuring things out, like his new snack cup.  Also, when he "reads" Parents magazine with me, he tries to kiss all of the pictures of babies.

He still army crawls, but has his parents "walk" him all over the house.  He LOVES going outside and will dance in my arms any time we walk towards one of the outside doors.  He says, "Mama," and "Dada" (this one not so consistently yet), and "Nana" for banana.  The only food that he has consistently rejected, as you have seen for yourself, is tomatoes.

 

Our cute boy is growing and developing and we are loving every minute of it!  Happy 9 months, my sweet little one!

Many happy returns!

6 comments:

Buttle Family said...

Happy 9 months Seth. His is getting bigger and more cute everyday.

llamitanan said...

Happy 9 Months, Seth! What a sweet boy! The last picture of him in his tennis shoes makes him look so old. Thank you for letting us watch his growth!

Maria said...

What a little cutie! It is so amazing how quickly they pick up on how things work.
McKay is small on the percentile charts too. As long as he is eating well, I attribute it to genes!

Michelle said...

It's awesome to see you enjoying him so much! Isn't it wonderful to be a mom?
Love you three!

LaChelle said...

Wow, I can't believe Seth is already so old. Time to pull out the dentures and prune juice!

JenB said...

What a sweet boy! Can't wait to see him this Christmas!