Sunday, October 5, 2008

Are those really zucchini?


Our garden is finally coming to fruition. Actually, it's not even much of a garden. We didn't plant anything until June. This year, our goal was just to learn a little bit about our yard and what it would take to do a garden next year.

We planted over a dozen pumpkin, cucumber and zucchini plants. Zucchini won. The rest died. Oh, well. Yesterday, we enjoyed some scrumptious zucchini bread and sauteed zucchini. It looks like we might get another three or four zucchini this year, but probably none as big as these.

But next year.... everybody leave your doors locked and your car windows up in the church parking lot!

7 comments:

Tricia said...

Your little Seth is so cute - I have enjoyed reading your family blog. What program do you have to write on your family pictures? The comments you make on them add so much to your blog.

Tricia

France said...

Those look like some good zucchini. My mother-in-law always picks her zucchini when they are small. She feels they are more tasteful when they are small and I tend to agree with her. Just food for thought. We only got a couple of tomatoes this year. Lashelle

llamitanan said...

Good job on growing zucchini and a cute son! I like how Seth's clothes match the zucchini too. :)

Heather said...

Seth is growing up so much--he looks so old in that picture! That is very tasty zucchini, I can vouch:-) Of course, it could have more to do with the talent of the preparing hands than the actual veggie...

JenB said...

So fun! Have you ever made chocolate, chocolate chip, zucchini muffins?

Becky said...

Oooh, Jen, that sounds REALLY good! Do you have a good recipe? I also want your chicken curry recipe...

JenB said...

I have a recipe from Michelle but it is at home with all of our other stuff. :-) You might want to ask her if she still has a copy.