In recent months and days I have been working on restoring my parents' wedding pictures. Kind of crazy that they have to be restored. I guess that Mom and Dad have been married for almost 33 years!
Anyhow, my mom had put the picture prints (yes, from film!) into a scrapbook that was kind of falling apart. I spent some time last summer, when I was in Arizona, scanning the 200+ pages and pictures. Now I have restored all but about 20 of the pictures.
SIDENOTE: Do you know that I took a FILM camera to use in Ukraine while serving a mission? That honestly wasn't that long ago. Boy, technology has a way of aging people.
Back to the wedding pictures: It has been so fun to see how happy my parents looked on their very special day. They naturally look very young, but they have such a glint of excitement and energy in their eyes.
Take a look:
Don't they look so happy and excited? I feel very blessed to have the parents I do. Not only did they raise me and teach me so lovingly in the gospel, but they are my friends now, too. That is such an important blessing to me: To have my father and mother be two of the best friends I have. Thanks, Mom and Dad.
Would you like to see what the above picture looked like, scanned in?
I left the edges surrounding the picture for full effect. Actually, they were pretty tough to get rid of, even after cropping. I even "colored" part of my mom's hair. Amazing since SHE hasn't even ever done that.
Now, I think that my parents have "aged" pretty well. (I have to say "aged" because their youngest of eight is graduating from high school next month and they DO have nine grandchildren. That's almost double digits!) Here's a little proof from a recent excursion: (Note: this photo was NOT restored. :)
Last night I was talking with Daniel about how I almost wish that we were celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary, just because of how close that would mean we are. Kind of silly, since my wish being granted today would defeat the purpose of all of those years together. I appreciate my parents' example of growing more in love with each day and year. While serving a mission, I really treasured the very frequent expressions of how much each loved the other. Very appropriate for a missionary to hear how deeply one parent feels for the other. Thanks, Mom and Dad.
With love,
your daughter
8 comments:
This "word of love" goes to you for giving so many "words of love"! You are too nice. Thank you for your sweet comments and the beautiful job of restoration you are doing. We love you too and appreciate your friendship!
Great job restoring those pictures. What effects did you use in Photoshop? Your parents are great, I agree!
The restoration looks great! I can't wait to see all of the others you've done. What a lot of work. I loved seeing the throw and the puzzle you had made for Mom & Dad this past week. Such a good idea, and it's wonderful that you've used your time doing such a worthy project. Time seems to accelerate the older we age--I'm sure it'll be ten for you and Daniel before you know it! ;)
Beautiful job, Beaky! I think it's awesome that you would volunteer to do that. You are so sweet. I love you!!
What a sweet post Becky! Great job on the picture restoration. What a project!
What a great thing to do for your parents. I am sure future generations will be thanking you as well. I love the recent picture of your parents. What a wonderful couple. Lashelle
Wow. You did an amazing job retouching that photo. It looks terrific. You're an ispriation - as always!
Good job on the photos...wow!
I, too, had a film camera on my mission...are we really that old?
Post a Comment