Sunday, April 5, 2009

Ah, such heaven!

"A happy home is but an earlier heaven."  Thomas S. Monson, “Precious Children—A Gift from God,” Ensign, Nov 1991, 67

Today I am SO filled with happiness.  After a wonderful day of conference, we get ANOTHER wonderful day of conference.  Not only that, but it is the Sabbath, a day of peace and rest and so easy to feel the love of our Savior, on His "gift" day to us.

We all woke up a bit later this morning, then Seth has been following his "Dad"dy around all morning.  We had cinnamon rolls and ice cream for breakfast.  (Our traditional General Conference breakfast is waffles and ice cream, but we have a few extra cinnamon rolls calling our names...)  Afterwards Daniel turned on "Consider the Lilies" by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir as we get ready to go to the Stake Center for this morning's session of conference.

I get to be with my husband and my son ALL DAY of this glorious conference Sunday.  It being NQA day, we have some fun treats planned...

I am SO happy to have such a day of heaven today.  I am so grateful for the holy Spirit that brings such love and peace to our home and hearts today.

2009 LIVE copy

5 comments:

llamitanan said...

Love the optimism of the post! Love the picture! Love the subjects!

Buttle Family said...

I love the family picture. Seth is so lucky to have such wonderful parents.

TheSandyCastle said...

Oh,I love this picture! I can't wait to return to see the family!

Michelle said...

Hey, we had very similar posts today! (Or I guess yesterday and today :).
I love that picture of you guys. Did Mom take it?
I'm so glad for how much of heaven we get to enjoy on earth. I love you!

Mandy said...

Yay for conference! Yay for NQA days, too! (I finally decided that I should take this on too--thanks for the idea)
Can't wait to see all three of you wonderful you's very, very soon!