Here's a look at our garden from this evening:
The plan is to plant summer squash and zucchini after we harvest the beets, peas and green beans (they were supposed to grow where the weeds are...). We are not sure what our bell pepper plants are supposed to look like. Some plant--possibly a weed--is growing all over the garden. Unfortunately it does look like a real plant, and not like all of the other weeds. Does that make it special? Just kidding. We're are just hoping that we will very soon know if we have a herd of bell peppers to be transplanted, or extra space to plant summer squash (oh, yeah, baby!).
Just thought you might like an update.
Also, here is a collage of pictures of flowers from our family hike this morning. We hiked with some of the Wildings to prepare for our upcoming week at DisneyWorld. Sandy told us to collect flowers and she would choose the prettiest one. So, what do you think?
8 comments:
I love your garden. It is always an adventure the first year or two when planting veggies :)
The flowers are beautiful! We had some beautiful flowers in our garden until the snow came back! Then some more flowers came, then the snow came and they died, then more flowers came, then snow killed them...well you get the picture. I guess that's what I get for living in Utah. Have so much fun in Disneyworld. I am uber jealous.
Love the Garden Becky & Daniel! You have really done a great job with it. Doesn't it just fulfill some innate need to play in the dirt, eat what you've planted, and see the law of the harvest first hand....anyway great job!
The flowers look beautiful. That must have been some kind of amazing hike! Good luck with your garden. I hope you get lots and lots from it.
Your garden looks awesome! Your weeds concern reminds me of the story my friend told of when she was a little girl. She thought it was so nice that her siblings and dad left one weed in the row in a straight line for her to pull. Her dad was not very happy for her pulling out most of their corn. He went back and planted them all and they grew. :) I LOVE the flowers. My favorite are two in the first top row--the unusual one on the stump third one over and the one on the end--a type of daisy. Both very unique! Good job on your photography!
I don't think I could pick. Beautiful pictures--not just the subjects, but it looks like they were quite skillfully taken! Have a wonderful time at Disneyworld!!! Know that we are jealous.
Hmm, Choices choices!! Well, I think my favorite would have to be the pink blooming roses (top row, 2nd in), and then the exotic red&yellow one (bottom right on the end). I also really like the two on the left end (top and bottom rows) - Some of the others are really cool too - How can I choose??
And I agree - Great photo skills with these pictures, Becky. They all look great! Thanks for taking the girls with you and helping them have fun.
The first one (purple, of course :), and the third to last, which look like they are the same flower (?) - maybe just different colors.
The garden is so beautiful! I love that it's not a boring rectangle.
Your pumpkin will be taking over the entire backyard if it continues to thrive. You'll probably want to train it along the grass (outside the main bed) or it will choke everything else. It's good to have the vines not on dirt anyway.
I'm impressed you planted the peppers from seed! I've never tried that!
I love your garden! I am so jealous...you must have some great weather. I don't have much in the ground, and I am just hoping what is there will do half as well as yours. But, it is so fun, huh?
Post a Comment