Monday, February 23, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

"In this family, every day is mother's day." 

Growing up I often heard a similar statement from my mother when we asked if we could skip our chores.  She would say, "Every day is kid's day."  I remember the impression that I would need to wait until I became a mother to choose when to skip chores and to eat chocolate cake for lunch.  Hah!

Now I am a mother and my little one does the sweetest things.  And he is learning to do some things that he knows he's not supposed to, like pulling out all of the drawers in Daddy's nightstand.  Once or twice he has almost toppled the nightstand onto himself.  But, every time he kisses me, or says, "I love you", or smiles, or laughs at my jokes (at least at the ones aimed at him :), I feel so special.  It really makes every day seem like mother's day.

seth_kissing_mommy

2009 LIVE copy

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Sweet post, Becky.
I love seeing you enjoy being a mother so much! You are a great one!

P.S. Hey, is that one of the pictures I took while I was there? Sweet.

llamitanan said...

What a sweet picture. Seth gives great kisses! Thanks for sharing!

JenB said...

Happy Mother's and Kid's Days. I'm glad you are enjoying them.

Mandy said...

Awesome. Don't you love how special you truly are to your child? I never knew how much a mother could be rewarded for diaper changes, late night feedings, and constant care and attention. Even though I missed Ari's "Momma" at first, I now am coming to love the sound of her calling me "Mommy." She even has been calling me "Princess Mommy" lately :) I'm so grateful for every "Kids' Day" I have with my own little ones.