Thursday, May 14, 2009

"I hope they call me on a mission!"

My amazing sister-in-law and brother-in-law have recently submitted their mission papers to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  This means that they will be spending every moment teaching people of the divine mission of Jesus Christ and of His gospel, which has been restored in these latter days.

They should soon receive their calls, the official calling where and how they will serve, for eighteen months (sisters) and two years (brothers).  I wondered if you might like to guess where they will be called to serve, to help us all celebrate with them this decision and truly happy time.

So, where do you think they will go??

 

aSandy_edited aPaul_edited

 

Last night we had the missionaries to our house and they shared with us the story of Joseph Smith.  Again, the Spirit touched me of the truthfulness of the sacred experience he had, and of the divine principles and power that have been restored to the earth since.  I am so very excited that "Sister" and "Elder" Wilding get to dedicate this time in their lives to sharing this message of truth.

P.S.  Oh, they suspect that they will receive their calls tonight.  And, by the way, I do have a plate of fudge for the winner.  :)

8 comments:

llamitanan said...

I think Sandy will go to a mission in Peru and that Paul will be called to Costa Rica. Good luck! We can hardly wait to hear which mission for Sandy and Paul.

Cate said...

I say Brazil. Although the Philippines truly was an amazing place for me :)

snbjork said...

Sister will go to Temple Square and Brother will go to.....Ohio. If I win, can I have brownies...I mean carrots instead? =)

Michelle said...

Sandy - NY Manhattan
Paul - Vancouver BC

Is winner defined as the closest geographically?

I hope I win. I love pudge!!

JenB said...

Congrats to your in-laws! I bet Mom and Dad W. are busting their buttons. What sharp looking missionaries.

I'm feeling lucky with Costa Rica. :-)

TheSandyCastle said...

Haha! That's true, if Paul goes to Costa Rica he can serve with Elder Bump! :) My guess (because I DO get a chance at that fudge, right?) would be Ireland for me and Bulgaria for Paul.

Love you Becky! Thanks for being so excited for us!

Karie said...

Paul: Bulgaria
Sandy: Temple Square

If I win I want the fudge in person!!!!! Smiling!

Sharon Beck said...

I think Sandy will go to Texas and Paul will go to Russia. That's great that brother and sister will be out at the same time. Their family will receive double the blessings!