(organized by days that we spent in the parks)
Day 1: Animal Kingdom
We first went on an animal safari, seeing lots of cool animals, from wildebeests to giraffes.
We then walked around a bit, and arrived in time for the "Birds of Flight" show that was really cool! We also saw a Bug's show, which Seth and I exited from early. We ended our stay there with some Kali River Rapids, a gully washer treat.
Day 2: Epcot
We hit the ground running on Monday, when we went to Epcot. One of my favorite rides of the whole week was Soarin', a flying simulation ride with smells and everything. It was tres cool. We also enjoyed the countries, and Innoventions. One of Seth's favorite attractions was talking with Crush, an animation of the turtle, but that "really" interacts with the crowd. Seth thought it was pretty cool. In the countries we saw Chinese acrobats and an Italian mime. In the picture, Daniel and Seth are watching the little train on the side of a hill.
Day 3: Magic Kingdom
We started out by doing the Buzz Lightyear ride, where you shoot at targets throughout the moving train ride. It was so much fun that we did it twice, since there wasn't really a line. Then, we did all of the traditional rides, like Winnie-the-Pooh and It's a Small World and Snow White and Peter Pan. Seth's favorite was Cinderella's Carousel.
Later on we watched a couple of shows, like the Laugh Floor, by Monsters, Inc., and the new Tiki Room show, which isn't the same as the traditional one. I think my favorite show of all was Mickey's Philharmagic. And, hey, where else do doors open autoMAGICALLY?!?
Day 4: Epcot again
Wednesday we slept in, then hit the World Center pool. Awesome! Daniel and I (and the other Wildings) enjoyed the water slide, but Seth just loved being in the water. He kept trying to swim away from us.
That evening we went back to Epcot and Daniel, Seth and I walked through the rest of the countries that we had missed on Monday. We took breaks for baklava and gelato, then enjoyed a funnel cake during the Illuminations fireworks show.
Day 5: Disney Studios
At Disney Studios, one of the first things we noticed was the huge line forming for the Toy Story Midway Mania ride. It was already a 70-minute wait by the time we got there...thank goodness for fast passes. We liked it so much that we came back later, after Jeri's birthday dinner, and waited another 45 minutes to ride it again.
Ammon tried out and performed in the American Idol experience. We cheered him on, right after exploring the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground. At Disney Studios, it was much about the thrills and the shows.
Our Disney experience came to a close with the awesome Fantasmic show that night.
We sure had a wonderful time. Thanks for all the fun, Mom and Dad Wilding!! It was a great reunion.
5 comments:
What a great Reunion! Looks like tons of fun! I hope to go there some day!
Wow, how fun!! Wish I could have stowed away in your diaper bag. :)
Sounds like there are several new rides / shows since we were last there. We loved "Soarin'", too!! That was new when Chris and I went to celebrate his graduation in 2005. I enjoyed the post--maybe we can see more pictures when ya'll come to visit in July! :)
You know, that's a good idea. We probably could have fit Michelle and at least a couple of the boys in the diaper bag - Why didn't we think of it sooner?? I love all the pictures Becky! And I'm so glad you got that one of the Illuminations fireworks show, because that's pretty much the only fireworks shot that turned out - Good job!
Looks like so much fun! I makes me a little sad to think that you were only 2 1/2 hours away and I didn't get to see you. I love Disney and I am glad you had such a wonderful time with your family. Family time is the best!
Looks like you all had a great time! My favorite is Epcot Center--course I love Animal Kingdom too--and Magic Kingdom is awesome--well I guess they are all fun, especially when spent with family!
Post a Comment