Friday, November 4, 2011

Recognizing Beauty

 2011_11, live_in_thanksgiving_dailyThis post deviates slightly from my Living in Thanksgiving Daily focus, but I will tie it back in, you'll see.  Today my beautiful younger sister turns 28 years old.  When I say beautiful, I mean that not only is she gorgeous in looks (She  got the olive skin, pronounced features, full hair, etc.), but she also spreads her inner beauty all around her.

Mandy holding newborn Mark

(The Grand High Budge Herself! with her younger brother)

Mandy holding Baby DallinShe has an eye for interior decorating.  Her home looks beautiful.   She has three beautiful children whom she cares for devotedly while her husband is finishing dental school.

Her testimony is so beautiful.  Many, many times I have been touched by her tender love for the Savior and for the scriptures and the prophets. 

young_tharp_family

 

 

 

Her example has helped many people.

She loves beautiful music and plays the piano and the organ for many musical numbers.  Her voice is equally as lovely.tharp_family

The list of her beauty continues--she even has a beautiful sense of humor. :)  She daily strives to be her very best.

Isn't she BEAUTIFUL?

I can't say that I have been the perfect sister, but that is exactly what I have remembered today in Living in Thanksgiving Daily.  I can do little things now to show love and gratitude to her. 

1 comment:

Michelle said...

What a wonderful post, Becky! We do indeed have a most beautiful sister. I'm so glad you shared these thoughts and awesome photos of her on her birthday. I feel so blessed to be related to you both. :)