Sunday, November 6, 2011

A Grateful Heart

2011_11, live_in_thanksgiving_daily Maybe this seems a little obvious, but I have really been trying to have a grateful heart.  Not that I usually feel ungrateful, but putting the effort into being grateful seems to make all of the difference.pic09

Instead of wondering when it will rain again, I can be grateful that we received some rain last night.

Instead of wondering how I am going to do everything I need to do, I can be grateful for opportunities to serve and blessings inherent in having things to do.

Instead of feeling like I deserve "me" time, I can be grateful that I have my dream job.

Instead of worrying abou t whether I said the right things, I can be grateful that I felt the Spirit as I taught.

Remembering to have that grateful heart seems to be the challenge, but the change outweighs the effort.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

This is wonderful, Becky. You are right, it makes a huge difference. Thanks for the reminder today! I love these posts. :)