Thursday, November 17, 2011

Gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble

 2011_11, live_in_thanksgiving_dailyDid you know it's hard to take offense when you are feeling thankful?  There have been a lot of little things lately that usually ruffle my feathers, but I have felt purposeful help from my Heavenly Father in not allowing the silly hurt to fester.

Living in Thanksgiving Daily is action-based.  So, instead of sitting and tenderly stroking my ridiculous self-pity, I am learning to DO something.  Like the golden rule:  If you want a friend who's kind and true, be a friend first--that's what you do (line from Scripture Scouts).

Now, these little things really are LITTLE things, as in, things that should NOT get under my skin or even given a second thought.  Perhaps my resolve to Live in Thanksgiving Daily is being tested (especially when I'm not sharing what I'm learning with blog readers; a couple of my BIG blessingssorry about that!) since those little things are trying to get bigger.  Truly having that thankful attitude puts those little things back in their place--little.  In fact, compared to the amazing people and blessings around me, they should be nearly extinct.

Now, the only feathers that will be ruffled next week are a certain turkey's....

(me with a couple of my greatest blessings)

P.S.  Besides, whenever you take a fence, you should always bring it back.  Life is too short to dwell on hurt feelings.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I love this post, Becky! True, creative words.
Interesting that you had that challenge, as it's one I faced multiple times just the week before. My new mantra is "love not judge. love not judge." etc. :)
Can't wait to see you this week!