Monday, February 22, 2010

The secret to a happy marriage

One of our favorite pieces of marriage advice when we got married was from Becky's sister Michelle: the secret to a happy marriage is a freezer full of ice cream.

So the other day, I took stock of just how full our freezer is.  Here is the tally:

  • 5 quart generic-brand "Vanilla"
  • 1/2 gallon Blue Bell "Mexican Praline"
  • 1.75 quart Blue Bunny "Chocolate Champion"
  • 1.5 quart Great Value "Chocolate Fudge Brownie"
  • 1.5 quart Breyer's "Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry"
  • Half gallon HEB Creamy Creations "Mint Chocolate Chip"
  • Half gallon HEB Creamy Creations "Caramel Pecan Turtle"
  • One pint Amy's Ice Creams "White Chocolate"
  • 1.75 quart Walgreen's "Moose Tracks"

Ice cream 015

 

So either Becky and I don't eat ice cream fast enough, or we have a very happy marriage!  (Okay, maybe a little of both.)

 

The funniest part was that after I had taken all the pictures, I found another carton I had missed, and had to pull them out again for another photo session.  Isn't life wonderful?

7 comments:

llamitanan said...

Ice cream has sure been the secret to our happy marriage. :) It was the secret to our children learning Spanish too--"Quieres helado, Cielito?" Fun post!

Karie said...

That ice cream wouldn't last in my freezor! Ha!

Kathryn S. said...

WOW! You ice cream wouldn't even fit in our little tiny freeaer. We only have one half gallon :( But that's a problem I can easily fix. I like her advice!

Shelly said...

Whoa!!! I humbly bow to your fridge!

Michelle said...

awesome.
you guys are a great example to us! :)
this made me smile big today :)

Michelle said...

ooh, how's that "mexican praline"? that looks incredible.
we just had bb's "candy jar" flavor with russ last night. mmmm-hmmm!

Katie Evans said...

Wow! That's a lot of ice cream! ...kinda makes me want a bowl. Can I come over? :)