Friday, February 19, 2010

Three of My Favorite People

I just can't get enough of family.  Although I love all of them, I have really enjoyed watching the personalities of my nieces and nephews develop.  On my side of the family, there are three nieces and six nephews (not including Seth, of course, since he's my son), and another nephew coming in the next few weeks.  On Daniel's side of the family, we will be welcoming our first nephew this summer.

The worst thing about these nieces and nephews is that they all live so stinkin' far away!  The closest ones are an eight hours' drive.  Fortunately, blogs and emails (both with pictures!) and occasional webcamming remind me of their cuteness and personalities.

Seth often reminds me of one nephew, in particular, Hummer (his mother's alias for him on her blog).  They both come up with random songs to sing, and they both often hesitate when asked something before doing a jig or running up and doing something.  I hope that Seth's prayers continue to be like Hummer's.  One Sunday when I was visiting Hummer in Primary, he gave the closing prayer and it went something like this:

"Please bless the earth that it won't get sucked into a black hole or a worm hole or any other color of hole.  Please bless Nana and Aunt Becky that they won't leave until I say they can..."

Who won't love a five-year-old praying like this?  I could go on and on with sweet and fun stories about every single one of my siblings' children.  I wonder if they're cuter when you don't have to discipline them?  Just kidding.  They're all cute, but I do have a bias to my own son.  ;)  (As it should be, right?  They would all get the same number of cookies, though.)  Anyhow, without further ado, a picture that can't make me stop smiling:

 

IMG_2114

 

(Hummer is the one with green lips.)  Three of my favorite people, my soon-to-be 11 nieces and nephews.  I love you all!!

3 comments:

snbjork said...

Awesome! I miss your family, too! I want to get my hands on that little Rosebud so badly I can hardly stand it! I with that Michelle and hubby could somehow record every single thing their kids say. They are so creative. And those prayers...they are truly incredible. I love them! Thanks for posting this picture, too. It's adorable. Is the baby asleep? =)

Michelle said...

So sweet! My kids ADORE their Aunt Becky. :)
I think being an aunt is so fun--I have been amazed at how much I love my nieces and nephews (I had already been a mom for 6 1/2 years before I finally became an aunt). It is wonderful to appreciate their cuteness and not have to discipline, just like you said! Kinda like being a grandparent, maybe? :) I CAN'T WAIT TO MEET MY NEW NIECE. . . .very soon?!
P.S. The baby was not asleep, but mid-blink. :)

llamitanan said...

What a fun post, Becky! You do have AWESOME nieces and nephews! They are the best, including your son! Dad could be heard laughing for a long time when he saw the picture you posted. Fun, fun!