Here's the official report on our now official TWO-YEAR-OLD boy. We started the day with breakfast in "bed":
Actually, we brought the food into him as we sang to him, but then brought both him and the food to the breakfast table. He loved it! After breakfast, we all got dressed and went to Texas Jumping Beans. Seth really enjoyed going from one jumping castle to another. He loved the slides. His favorite was the "birthday castle":
After the excursion we had his birthday lunch, followed by his birthday nap, which wasn't as solid as hoped. Grandma and Grandpa Wilding and Aunts Rose and Heidi showed up soon after and we decorated before getting the birthday boy up. He had a birthday diaper change. (Hey, it makes things sound more fun, right?) Then we started the party. We played Hokey, Pokey, Ring Around the Rosies, Hide and Go Seek, and Button, Button, Who's Got the Button. The games were so much fun! I think it's because we had "extra" family members that really made it a party.
Then came the gift opening. He had practiced this at Christmas time and did a great job. I love to see what he understands and recognizes. He played with his bean box, one of the gifts, while we set the table for birthday dinner. After birthday dinner (and joined by Uncle Ammon and Aunt Kaely), we had birthday cake and ice cream. I don't know if Seth heard us singing, since he was immediately distracted by the Lightning McQueen car on his birthday cake! (I had hidden the cake beforehand.)
After cake and ice cream, company left and Seth said goodbye to his crib, and helped his Daddy take it down. He then had his birthday bath (we won't share pictures of that; he IS two now) and slept in his big boy bed.
To say that Seth is a delight is understating the truth by far. He is a good boy and very observant of things all around him. He enjoys singing and reading and dancing and jumping and playing with toys and all the other things that two-year-olds like. Things he is quick to notice and comment on are: anything football, police car lights (even if they're yellow and on other vehicles :), cactus, school buses and trucks and bulldozers, someone crying, airplane sounds, and many other things. Seth loves to read, books and nursery rhymes. He sings a mean "Once There Was a Snowman" and a sweet "Alleluia" chorus (as sung by "Ward Choir", what he calls the Mormon Tabernacle Choir).
Our lives are so much sweeter with Seth in our family.
7 comments:
Super cute cake Becky! 2 is so fun!! 2 1/2 is too but I think 2 1/2 is where the 'terrible twos' get their name! Wouldn't trade it for anything though!
I had great visit with your Mom yesterday. McKay reminded her of Seth. Wish they could play together!
That breakfast in bed idea was way too cute! What a good idea to do such fun little things on his birthday.
Looks like you all had a great day! So fun!
Wow, what a fun filled birthday. The birthday nap sounded really great! And the cake was awesome - I mean really awesome! Did you make it Becky? Do you keep that bean table out in the living room all of the time? I'm really careful about keeping dried beans out since it attracted a mouse when we lived in Provo. Happy birthday Seth! He's one lucky boy.
I loved the birthday cake! Did you decorate it yourself? The bean box also sounds like a great idea!
What a fun birthday for our sweet Seth! Sure wished we could have been there. Thanks for sharing!
I love my nephew Sethy!!
Post a Comment