Saturday, October 3, 2009

The Tale of a Morning

Once upon a time there was a very busy husband/father, who was also going to school.  He had an assignment due at midnight one Saturday night, but was already busy in the late afternoon and evening.  He really needed to work on his homework in the morning.  However, his son LOVED to spend as much time with him as he could, so he knew that not much would get down.  So, this husband/father's wife offered to take the sweet boy on some special errands so that the husband/father could do some studying.

The wife/mother took the sweet boy to the Round Rock Memorial Park, where they spent an hour walking around, listening to the traffic on the highway above, playing on the playground, and just enjoying the warm, overcast morning.  And they took some pictures, of which a sampling is posted below:

 

 

This adventure took place after a week of badly needed rain, so there was lots of water in the creek (pronounced "crick").  Seth LOVES listening to and watching VeggieTales, and will repeat words he hears the characters say and sing.  He will now look at the camera and grin if I tell him to say, "peas!"  Here's an example:

 

 

He couldn't get enough of the bridge.  When we first arrived, there was a photographer taking pictures of a sweet family.  On our way back, we stopped and watched a boy who was swimming (!) in the creek while his mom watched.  I sure love spending time with this sweet boy.

 

 

P.S.  Can I tell you how absolutely giddy I am to have all day today and tomorrow to spend with family and watch General Conference together?  I LOVE this wonderful time!!!

2009 LIVE copy

6 comments:

Kaelyjoe said...

Seth is so cute!! I love him and can't wait until I'll have another nephew/neice to play with too! :) Love you Becky!

Michelle said...

So sweet!
Good for you for being so cheerful about the busy-ness of your student-working husband. I know that can be hard. . .
Yay for General Conference!!

llamitanan said...

What a sweet post! I'm glad you take time to play with Seth especially with Daniel being so busy. Good job!

Karie said...

"giddy" is a great word for expressing the expectation of a conference sabbath. i just love it!

Anonymous said...

he is so cute. i love the pic of him squating on the bridge.

Chapples said...

Wow you take really really good pictures! I love the last one!