Tuesday, September 22, 2009

How do I feel?

Many have asked how I am feeling these days.  Here's the long answer:  (Feel free to skip if not interested.)

I feel very blessed that I don't get very sick when I am pregnant.  Do I get nauseous?  Yes, especially during the first trimester.  But I don't ever throw up.  If I keep going, I can continue life's activities without too much trouble, though I do get extra tired extra fast.

So, the second trimester has "set in".  Usually that's when women start feeling better, having energy, etc., etc.  Things have been slightly different for me during this pregnancy.  I wake up in the morning and feel like I can tackle several projects, and I even start them.  Then I feel as though I can't do anything until I lay down for a half hour or so.  Then I exercise and feel great and shower, and then I'm overwhelmed.  Maybe this is normal.

Probably the biggest difference between the first and second trimesters is that Daniel is now taking two graduate classes and currently has a major project at work.  I'm really trying to do my part in keeping the house in relative order and making sure there is food in the fridge, on the table, in the lunchbox.  I have been doing more than I usually do as a pregnant lady.  Some things have turned into serious issues.  Maybe this is more of an emotional thing.  (Of course--there ARE hormones involved after all.)  My best friend IS rather busy.

Also, I think I'm a little impatient to feel movement.  I am SO EXCITED to have a baby, and love being pregnant.  I remember what it's like to feel the sweet person inside of me, and I'm having a hard time waiting until I can feel that special connection.

Another issue is a small pain I have been feeling.  I am notorious for making mountains out of molehills, but I also can't ignore a frequent, persistent pain where I don't think I should be feeling pain.  I am VERY glad that I will be seeing the doctor this week.  Are these pains normal?

In all of this, I don't mean to complain.  In fact, thanks for "listening."  I'm trying to figure things out myself.  Some days I feel like I will finally clean my whole house.  Other days I wish someone would come and dehydrate these pears and vacuum my house and do my laundry and do the other projects that I have the stuff for, but just need to do.  If you're still reading to this point, bless you and tell me I'm normal.  If you're not reading, bring me some chocolate and pick up all these toys and papers that I can't reach any more!

7 comments:

Stephanie Johnson said...

Hey sista - I totally understand. You should've seen me trying to paint my toenails the other day; it was awkward! What kind of pain are you talking about? I've finally realized that I don't have to get something done every day; it all depends on how I'm feeling. Take it easy and take care!!!

Katheryn said...

You are totally normal! Pregnancy always makes me a loopy. And exhausted. Treat yourself good and I really wish I could bring you some chocolate and eat it with you! Let us know what the doctor says about the pain you are having.

Buttle Family said...

If you weren't feeling that way you wouldn't be normal. Remember, you have a little one to run after that you didn't have the first time. Remember each pregnancy is different so we feel pains in different places. It was different for me all three times. Good thing we get a great reward at the end.

snbjork said...

Everything you mentioned sounds perfectly normal during pregnancy (except the exercise thing...that's not normal for me not pregnant...I need to fix that). Sounds like you're doing great and hanging in there! You can only do so much. You're one person taking care of four people. Isn't that awesome and overwhelming?! Puts things in perspective, though, I think. Keep up the good work! I would love to bring you some chocolate if I lived a little closer. =)

Maria said...

Bec, you're normal!! One thing I read that I think is a GREAT idea is to not try to clean the whole house at once. Just scrub the bathroom sink instead of doing the whole bathroom. The next day you can do a little more to help the house stay clean. This helps me focus on what I got done instead of what I didn't get done.
You could be more tired this time because you have a toddler to take care of too this time! Love ya!

Shelly said...

You're totally Normal...2nd (and 3rd, etc) pregnancies are so much different than the 1st because you have the little "1st" to run after and it makes a HUGE difference.....hmmm....you think the hormones are rampant....I wonder if it's a girl....you sound like I felt when I had my girls...I could feel that estrogen overload the entire pregnancy!!!

Michelle said...

I think enough people have commented that you are normal that I can echo them.
Just wait till the 3rd trimester-- picking up each toy then is an event! :)
I love you, sweet sister.