Recently, the Bubs and I took a trip to Arizona to spend some time with Nana and Grandpa. We went to Arizona via Utah so that I could do a temple session with my baby brother, who recently received his mission call to the Czech Republic (which is also where I was called, but then it was changed--kind of cool).
We flew in to Salt Lake City, grabbed some Cafe Rio, then met my dear friend and former roommate Catherine on Temple Square. It was so good to see her, but our time together was frazzled and short. Why is it that the only times I have been back to Utah since we moved to Texas have the trips been within 24 hours?!? After living there for 10 years, 24 hours isn't enough time to catch up and to see everyone I want to see. I think everyone should move out here to Texas. Believe me, there is plenty of room. :)
ALL of our stuff was loaded on the back of this here umbrella stroller, and it was cold enough there in Utah (53 degrees! I'm used to the 80's.) that I didn't want to take the time to unload Bubba. We went into the North Visitor's Center and to the Church Office Building (where we met up with Dallin and Heather), then swung by the Distribution Center. All this time, Seth would point up to the top of the temple and say, "Moroni!"
After "touring," we ate dinner at the Lion House Pantry. Their rolls are very yummy.
Then we rushed over to the temple, where we met Mark and Joseph, my brothers, and where we bid farewell to Catherine, who graciously took Seth to her house where he played with her twin nephews (just a few weeks younger). We had a wonderful temple session, accompanied by some wonderful friends who are serving a Family History mission in Salt Lake City. The Lewis's were our home teachers and friends and teachers for many years in Tucson.
It was a packed, but wonderful day!
4 comments:
I LOVE that picture of Seth - putting him up there in the stroller was priceless. That day was so much fun. I agree 24 hours isn't enough :)
Thank you for posting about the great day we had with you in Salt Lake City. We were at a great place with great company. The whole ten days with you and Seth were GREAT!
Sounds like fun! Enjoy trips like that now before you have kids in school. We need to get Catherine to come down here to visit!!! :)
Hey, after they're in school, it's just a good excuse to pull them out! ha (I'm a rebel-mommy when it comes to school. . . .)
Anyways. Looks like so much fun. I wish I could have stowed away in your suitcase. But then the airlines would have had to charge you quadruple. :)
Post a Comment