Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Picking Boysenberries

On a tip from someone in Daniel's carpool, we went to a nearby park to pick some blackberries.  (Daniel's Dad said they are boysenberries?)  I wore shorts and slip-on shoes, not thinking that the berry bushes have thorns.  Oh, baby, they do!  Those berries make you work for your fruit.

 

 

It was the perfect evening.  Cool breeze, sun setting, lake background.  A hang glider even came over the park, readying to land.  The perfectest setting for our berry-picking adventure.

 

 

Seth was strapped to Daniel, and Daniel and I took turns holding the bowl or picking the berries.  The bushes (a lot lower to the ground than I expected) grew on a rather steep hill.  Thus, it was more of a berry-picking hike.

 

 

Seth kept complaining, because he wanted to eat the berries.  I think he ended up eating the most.  We had so much fun eating smoothies and yogurt and desserts with our berries.  Seth ate a whole lot just plain.

 

 

Next stop (hopefully)...blueberry picking?!?!

2009 LIVE copy

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Is this near our house? Was Nathan the one you refer to in the carpool? If so, I'm glad you were able to pick some! We loved them!

Amy said...

What a beautiful evening! I love the effects you used on that last picture. Such a sweet moment.

llamitanan said...

What a fun outing! Those berries sound yummy! You'll have to take us there sometime.