Friday, June 12, 2009

...and I wear a baseball cap.

Just a little update on our sweet and wonderful son:

 

 

  • He is remarkably accurate in repeating the words he hears us use in teaching him.
  • He mimicks sounds, like beeps when entering a store.
  • He loves running around in circles.
  • Yesterday he learned where his elbow is, but couldn't kiss it.  (You try. ;)
  • He still pats his chest with both hands when he is excited.
  • He understands and obeys a lot of the little tasks we ask him to do, like taking the dying flower out to the backyard, which he did all by himself (except for my opening the door for him).
  • He still loves helping with the laundry, and can do the shuffling of clothes really well by himself.
  • He gets so excited when Daddy comes home, and asks for him all day.  When he hears the key in the lock, he runs to the front door, and pants and dances until Daddy comes in.
  • When we talk about going to sleep, he lays down and fake snores.  He's pretty good at it, too.
  • He loves doing the letters on starfall.com.
  • He pulls out his special chair whenever we turn the TV on, even if it's just to listen to a CD.
  • He gives the sweetest hugs, and will drape himself around our necks when we sing his special song before putting him to bed at night.
  • As we were listening to Scripture Scouts yesterday, he recognized that they were talking about Jesus, and starting saying His name, as well.
  • He often initiates our evening family popcorn ritual.
  • Some of his favorite toys include a squirt bottle of water, any ball, his farm toys, and his train.
  • He sleeps with his stuffed Pooh Bear.  (Blankets are not safe for him to sleep with--he wraps them around his head!)
  • He loves reading books.
  • Sometimes we play "Hide and Seek", and he will hide, and when I ask, "Is Seth here?", he says "No" very sweetly.

Oh, I love this sweet, little boy!!  He is so much fun to be around!  I love you, my sweet bubby!

2009 LIVE copy

4 comments:

Karie said...

Oh so sweet - just like his parents

llamitanan said...

What a sweet boy! Wished we could see him more often. Thanks for sharing!

Kaelyjoe said...

I love you, Seth! You are growing up so fast. I'm so proud to be your aunt!

Mandy said...

He so looks like Russ in this picture (especially his younger boyhood pictures)--what do you think?

Seth IS such a sweet boy. I love that you call him your "bubby." I've taken to calling my baby boy "Bubba" lately :)