Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Sonny boy, sonny boy,

 

Sonny boy, sonny boy, have you heard the news?
All the world is wide awake and putting on its shoes.

The sun is like a golden bug climbing up the sky.
Come, get up, wash your face, and hang it up to dry.

 

 

Many a fond memory I have of my dad singing this song to us kids when we were supposed to get up, but were still in bed.  His mom and dad sang it to him.  Sometimes--on rare occasions, to my dad's credit--he would pull the blankets off our beds, then the pillows, then tickle us until we promised to get up. 

These days I still have a human alarm clock:  Sethy-boy.

Many happy returns!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Yay for human alarm clocks!
(Too bad they don't have a snooze button, though, eh? I still cringe when I think of the tickling that occurred sometimes if I didn't get out of bed quick enough! ) :)