Monday, December 15, 2008

Good Morning!

(Forty points if you can tell from the background what sweet Fluffy has been doing.)

 

I wrote down some thoughts about Christmas in our weekly email to family members.  (The day coincides with my brother Bump's preparation day so that we hear from him, too!)

Happy, merry Christmas season!  With it being on the much colder side in these parts, it has felt more like the Christmas season.  That, and the Christmas hymns in church, and the wrapping presents, and the Christmas music at home, and the Christmas goodies, and, and, ...  I LOVE Christmas!!!

What does Christmas mean to me?  It means the physical decorations and extension through action, gift, time or word, both representing that sacred love that our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ give us, that we are trying to emulate in giving to others.  It means Santa Claus, the very image of sharing that love at this time of the year.  It means time with family, doing special things together even if those things are just relaxing or traditional.  It means the electrical combination of cold winds, gingerbread, cinnamon and orange smells, the anticipation of faces in opening a particularly-chosen gift, the glory of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir singing the Hallelujah chorus, the modest and intimate a cappella singing of carolers, the appearance of Christmas bread at meals, the random outing with close family members just to spend time together.  It means the Savior condescended to be born a defenseless baby, though He is the light and the life of the world.  How I love Christmas, and the multiple opportunities the season provides to renew and share my testimony of the Savior.

I do love Christmas and I do love my Savior Jesus Christ.  And I want to share that with you.

Many happy returns!

7 comments:

llamitanan said...

Looks like sweet Seth is playing with the toilet paper. Has he carried it all through the house? What a cutie! Loved your sentiments about Christmas. Sure look forward to your visit!

JenB said...

Yay! Becky, I loved your post! I needed a good boost of Christmas spirit. It feels like eternal summer here. I can't wait to spend Christmas with the fam.


So was Seth actually playing in the toilet or just with the paper? I hope the latter. :-)

Amy said...

Well, looks like I wasn't fast enough to get the forty points. I was going to guess what your mom did, I promise. :) Aren't kids fun! :) That is such a cute face on that one of yours. I really don't see what's so wrong with the reindeer pops. I didn't look at the Bakerella website so that might change my opinion. I think they are pretty darn cute!

France said...

I too was going to say toliet paper (before reading the comments). I loved your thoughts on Christmas. We have been colder here as well. We normally don't get snow (if we do at all) until February. But we have had snow and very cold weather. Lashelle

Michelle said...

Some early potty-training, eh? Ha!
He is so cute. I love what you did with the picture. (You'll have to teach me how!)
Beautiful thoughts and beautifully written.
Thank you so much for the phone call today, Becky. I love you!

Katie said...

Darn, I wanted to get it right, but everyone else figured it out too. Toilet paper.

Mandy said...

Oh my goodness--look at his round, beautiful blue eyes! He's definitely your son, Beckycita!
Merry Christmas to a true Christmas spirit!