
Thank you to all who participated in our contest. I very much enjoyed reading your comments and discovering what you are reading and what you enjoy. The above bookmark was made especially for this contest, and showcases one of my favorite quotes, which is by C.S. Lewis: "By reading great literature I become a thousand men and yet remain myself." To me, this is why we read. We walk in the shoes of so many heroes. We learn and breathe and sing and laugh and cry and quarrel and think, and then we come back to our lives better people than when we picked up the book. May we ever strive to become our better selves while enjoying who we are.
Now, for the results. . . .
The following is live (well, delayed) footage of the selecting ceremony. I wrote the names of all participants. (Daniel was witness.) Then I put them into a bowl and at approximately 3pm on Saturday, had my cute assistant Seth select one of the names.
Here he is reaching into the bowl:
Here he is trying to eat the name he chose. (Fast Sunday was the next day.):
And the winner is. . . . Michelle Baker! Congratulations!! Michelle, you will soon receive a book and the above bookmark in the mail. Thank you all for participating!
Oh, and runners-up? Yes, the two lucky winners of the bookmark are: Karie Cheney and Katie West. Congrats! Since the bookmarks are personalized, let me know if you want them signed or with your name on them or with anything else added.
Thanks again to all who played. Come back and visit our blog again real soon!
5 comments:
I had every intention of entering the contest, but I guess I got distracted. I just finished "Watership Down" by Richard Adams. Have you read that? I was very suspicious about a book entirely about rabbits, but I cannot even being to tell you how much I enjoyed it. There were very strong characters that showed a lot of growth and beautiful imagery and it was just a fun story. So even though I am too late for the drawing, I wanted to tell you anyway. Seth is absolutely adorable!
Fun contest, Becky! Congratulations to Michelle--the lucky winner! I LOVE the pictures of your little assistant! Keep those contests a'comin'!
Hip-hip, hooray!!!! I'm really excited about this bookmark! I don't need anything fancy or anything that would be more trouble, but if I get it signed by my cousin-in-law that'd be great!! :) How fun, I'll have to think of something creative to do on my blog one of these days. Thanks for being so much fun! Seth is so cute, I hope he thought my name tasted yummy.
Goody! I feel so special--I never win anything! Fluffy just really loves his Aunt Michelle. :)
Thank you, Becky! That will be so fun!
I am so happy to have won a bookmark - I really like he quote and believe it is true. I want it signed by you. What a fun idea.
Post a Comment