Friday, June 27, 2008

Partners in Crime

So, the other day Seth's friend Brian came over. After both boys were strapped into the car, they started plotting. My being the quick and debonair shamus, I started recording every word and every motion. (Turns out they were only planning to sneak a little ice cream next time they're together.) Now I get to expose the incriminating footage:

This is right when they were strapped in, before the plotting:


This is when they were looking straight at me to make me think that everything was normal, but they whispering through the sides of their mouths:

"You know," Brian says. "My parents NEVER leave the chocolate ice cream out, but they usually leave the blueberry ripple on the table. Maybe I should climb up and sneak the carton to my crib. Do you think it would work?"



"That's a good question, Brian," Seth responds. "But I think we might have better luck at my house. My parents ALWAYS eat ice cream and leave it out at least once a week, no matter which flavor."


And here they sit, having planned to eat the ice cream that Seth's mommy and daddy leave out the very next time that Brian comes over. Don't worry, Brian's mommy and daddy, we pick good flavors. :)




Many happy returns!

5 comments:

Karie said...

I'll eat just about any flavor of ice cream - I think I'll join them!

Michelle said...

So cute! I hope I get to witness Seth's first ice cream. That's a rite of passage in our family. :)

llamitanan said...

Creative post! I want to be there for his first bite of that cold stuff too. :)

Amy said...

LOL! Becky, you are so hilarious! I've been going through an ice cream phase too.

Heather said...

So...what flavor did they sneak? Or did they decide that 7:30 in the morning was a bit early? We're so lucky Brian has such a good friend to play with! And I'm so lucky to have Seth's mommy as a friend!