Heather just tagged me with the "book tag", which is cool since I have been wanting to share a couple of quotes from this book anyhow! (Let it be known that the book underneath it is the scriptures, which would be the coolest book tag to do.)
Directions:
1- Get the nearest Book to you, or one you're reading that contains over 123 pages.
2- Go to the 123 page.
3- Find the 5th sentence.
4- Post the 5th sentence.
5-Tag five people.
Sentence: "She was dragging a wooden toboggan--a word which here means 'a sled big enough to hold several people,' which made an eerie scraping sound against the cold ground."
I have absolutely NO idea what this sentence refers to, since I have actually not read this far. In fact, let me share the other two sentences from this book that I had wanted to share. I will give page numbers, but I want you to try and guess which book I am reading (among many).
"Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant, filled with odd waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like" (p. 21).
AND
"Taking one's chances is like taking a bath, because sometimes you end up feeling comfortable and warm, and sometimes there is something terrible lurking around that you cannot see until it is too late and you can do nothing else but scream and cling to a plastic duck" (p. 43).
Both sentences illustrate this author's unique style with philosophical statements using rather absurd similes and metaphors. Now, any guesses?
I tag Clyn, Russell, Jen, LaChelle, and Karon.
5 comments:
Was the book "The Slippery Slope"?
Forty points to Pickycito!!!!
What a fun idea for a tag! Unfortunately, the book closest to me at the moment is "Square Foot Gardening." Exciting.
What is the name of the first book?
All the quotes are from the first book, "The Slippery Slope".
Post a Comment