Friday, December 4, 2009

With my eyes closed!

This boy is the sweetest boy ever!  I absolutely love his cute personality.  Here's a taste of it:

He loves walking around the house, climbing on chairs, running circles, doing any number of things WITH HIS EYES CLOSED.  He gets the biggest kick out of doing it that way, and likes to point it out to us.

 

with_my_eyes_closed copy

 

Also, he will often "say" prayers when called on.  Most of the words he repeats whatever we tell him to say, but recently he will add in his own prayers: anything from Please bless hayrides to big tractors that they will carry all of the people to Aunt Kaely and Aunt Heidi and Aunt Rose to Daddy's work to Seth will be a good missionary to curry to ice cream to Daddy will fix the big star on the tree to Uncle Mark and Aunt Amanda to anything else that comes to his sweet mind.  I think some of the prayer idea has sunk even deeper, because he always ends reading a book with "A-men!"

So, I'm not ready (and I don't think that Seth is) to potty train the boy yet, but he is definitely interested.  Less so, he will change his friends' diapers.  By friends, I refer to the 6+ (often growing) stuffed animals that he sleeps with:  Moses the cat, Snuggle Puppy, Panda Bear (who dances to Grandpa's bassoon motif from Peter and the Wolf), Winnie the Pooh, and others.  Recently, he has decided that they on occasion need a diaper change.  It is the sweetest thing to see him pull off the changing pad and set the friend on it, then pull out a diaper and open it.  He then says, "No poopies," and puts the diaper on the friend.  I think he's ready for a sibling.  :)

This kid is OBSERVANT!  He points out every police car, fire truck, school bus, dog, and star.  He talks about things in the backgrounds of the pictures in the books we read.  Today, as we walked into the library, he immediately noticed and ran over to the Christmas tree (sidenote: he sings "O Christmas tree" to our tree several times a day :) and pointed to all of the snowmen ornaments.  As we left, I told him that he could say goodbye to the snowmen.  He proceeded to circle the tree, blowing kisses to every snowman at his level.  Man, he melts my heart each day.

Can you tell that I LOVE spending time with my sweet son?

2009 LIVE copy

2 comments:

Karie said...

And just one of the reasons he is so sweet is because of YOU!

Michelle said...

How cute! Exacto and I enjoyed reading this post together. And I got a big smile from Hummer when I told him what you said about Seth getting one of his Christmas presents to set beside him while he played the piano. :)
I love watching my sweet nephew grow and learn things!