Remember this:
Poor Seth was not happy with us. I think you can tell by Santa's expressions that he wasn't sure how to handle the situation either. Any man with a beard (there are a few in our ward) terrified Seth for a few months after the fact. Who were we to hand him to some random bearded man in a red jump suit?
Well, what a difference a year makes. This year he saw Santa at our local bank (where we go to "visit" him and take pictures), recognized him and pointed him out to us. (He is in Seth's Christmas vocabulary.) Then he marched over to the toy he usually plays with when we go to the bank, and happily began playing. We finally insisted that he could no longer play with the toy until he went over to say Hi to Santa Claus. He sighed and went over.
Much better, although Seth was somewhat wary. He did shake hands with him and then was relieved to walk away from him and go play with the toy. I was just glad to get the traditional annual photo. Seth did eye the man when we went back to get a cookie. Life is sometimes overwhelming when you're almost two.
2 comments:
I love my Seth-a-boo! You're growing up so fast! You're talking so much and so clearly too, I just don't want you to stop getting older right now so you can stay the way you are. :)
-Aunt Kaely
What a sweet post! I love that precocious Seth too!
Post a Comment