Look at this guy:
Today he turns 19. This handsome dude is my baby brother. I am number 2 of 8. He is number 8. Nineteen years old!
Today he packs up his dorm room at Brigham Young University and drives home to Arizona. Early, you say? Yes, he has taken all of the finals from his first semester at college early. Why? Because he enters the Missionary Training Center at Provo, UT, this next Wednesday. He has been called to the Czech Prague Mission. Czech speaking. Yes, the language is called Czech. I checked. :)
This guy is pretty special. Even though he's the youngest and terribly spoiled, he LOVES hanging out with his siblings and nieces and nephews. He very often babysits the "nephy-poo's", as he calls them (50 points if you know where he got that nick name). In fact, he is one of the three Joseph's that Seth's middle name is named after. He is fun to talk to and fun to be around. He also likes to laugh and makes us laugh, unless he's watching college football.
This guy is also very talented. He's an amazing writer. Click HERE to read an essay he wrote last year, as a senior. He also sings, played football, acts, hikes, tames longhorns (see pic), and serves. He's easy-going, but focused on important things.
Happy Birthday, bro! He has been long awaiting this day, when he has grown a foot or two. For the last several years he has been so excited about serving a mission, waiting and waiting until he could put in his mission papers. One thing about his call that's pretty awesome is that we both received mission calls to the same place! My mission call was changed a few weeks before I entered the MTC, but my little brother does get to go to Czech Republic.
I am so impressed and proud of him, how he has prepared himself and looked forward to this day. I do wish that I could see him before he goes, but I am also terribly excited for him. He'll be an awesome missionary!
Love you, Joseph!!
5 comments:
Becky, it's been so long! I found your blog on Kelsey's blog. What a cute boy you have! I just had to comment about your little brother going into the MTC because my nephew goes in on Wednesday too. Isn't it hard to believe how grown up these boys are?
I'm so excited for Joseph. Yes! I know he is excited about this mission and he will be a totally awesome missionary. His mission is lucky to have an elder coming to them on the run - already with a strong testimony of the gospel. I enjoyed my time with Joseph in January and July of this year.
Yay for Uncle Duff! I am so glad you did this post, Becky. Good job on it. I love you, too, Joseph!
Thanks, Becky. This meant a lot to me. You are awesome. I love you too.
Thank you, Becky, for doing such a nice post on Joseph. He is a good son and will be a great missionary. I'm glad you honored him on his 19th Birthday. Starsi Bailey is awesome!
Post a Comment