**Video now available**
The grackles here in Texas are really something. I love the winter time because they gather in droves on their way south (unless we are the south they are traveling to??) and hang out around sunset on warm power lines near shopping plazas--for trees to roost and garbage to eat. We have learned not to park by trees in grackle squares, although such practice did not save Daniel's white shirt last time. Standing and listening and watching everything is quite the phenomenon. Before we stopped and took the above pictures, we were at a long stoplight, and I rolled down my window to see and hear. If you've ever seen the Pixar short "For the Birds," that's pretty much what we observed. Since many of you aren't in or near Texas, I have included a video for your edification and enjoyment. (Note that my camera was set to nightshot, which is why everything looks greenish.)
3 comments:
We love seeing the grackles! When we get grackle frenzies here (I assume they have commuted) we always think of ya'll. :)
The video won't play for me--it says it's a "private video" and that I need to accept the sender's friend request. ??
It said "private video" for me, also. I would like to see it if you have time to fix it! :-)
What a video! It worked fine for me. Thank you for fixing it. I remember the grackles when we lived in Austin.
Post a Comment