Seth's personality is coming forth full force. It is adorable and wonderful to see. I racked the many folders of pictures that we've taken in the last month or so to illustrate what this sweet boy is all about.
He is at that age where everything socks and shoes is interesting and try-able. Here he put on Daniel's socks thigh-highs. He actually has a lot of interest in putting on and taking off his own clothes. He doesn't seem to like diapers, and likes the potty chair, but I think that potty training is still a long ways off. (I hope.)
Explorer aptly describes almost any and every toddler, but it definitely fits our cutie. Here he is at a big Fourth of July party in Arkansas. Forget bobbing for apples, he goes straight for the watermelon. Also, I opted not to put in the picture where he is actually drinking the water. Ew!
Seth-a-boo's language skills are phenomenal. (I'm the mom; I get to brag, right?) He knows more than 100 words, and constantly repeats the words we say--sometimes to our amusement and sometimes to our chagrin. Actually, in my driving he has repeated what he hears a lot recently. You'll never guess what word he's heard the most often this week: sorry!
He still finds the grabbing-a-finger-and-leading-to-where-he-wants-us-to-go very effective. Our Fourth of July traditions include going to Uncle Chris's Arkansas Symphony Orchestra pops concert on the Arkansas River. Here he warms up Uncle Chris's fingers in some pre-concert hill running and rolling. Often Seth lets me know when I've been on the computer too long by pulling my finger to some of his toys.
Skills! This kid's got skills! He is more adept at the fork than the spoon, although he can use both. We had a good laugh with him when he tried using a fork to pick up this cracker. He loves to stab bits of food full-force to collect them for his mouth. Sometimes his food gets pretty mangled and sometimes he'll just stop and pick it up with his fingers.
Food-wise, he's becoming pickier, but I've found that it usually depends on his mood. He will ALWAYS eat grapes and blueberries and strawberries and rice and ice cream. He will mostly eat crackers and bread/sandwiches and scrambled eggs and pickles and pasta and peas and corn. He almost never eats tomatoes. (I promise I don't brainwash!)
This sweet boy loves to wrestle and swim (he actually does kick and will put his face underwater) and do somersaults and play "Ring Around the Rosies". We often invent games together that include active play. A recent favorite is 1,2,3: We lay down pillows, then sit up in front of them. We count to 3, then throw ourselves back onto the pillows. His head seems to become a projectile he throws himself back so hard. It's cute when he counts for us. :)
We sure love our handsome bubby boy! Life with him is such a delight. Spending time with him is wonderful and precious and makes me so glad each day to be his mother. I am so lucky!
5 comments:
What a fun post! He is a smart little boy! We are starting to work on potty training McKay. HE is the one pushing it so we'll see if it works out. Otherwise, we'll try again later.
I love that Seth loves socks... especially knee highs! Too funny! And what is about swimwear that makes boys think they are hats!?!
You are so good at capturing the best and cutest moments of Seth's life, Becky! This is such a cute post. I love my nephew Seth!!!
Wow he is getting so big! Love the socks Daniel!
I just saw this post! (Sorry I'm so behind!) So fun.
I think you should have put the bobbing for watermelons picture--that was so hilarious. :) BTW, he must be in training for the swim team. I remember at FWHS when the swimmers had to wear nylons during practice to "create drag", then they'd take them off for the meet.
The 2024 Olympics, maybe?
Can't wait to see you guys soon!
What a cute post! We are loving having Seth and all of you here. What a smart little boy! We love going to visit "Woobie" together.
Post a Comment