Thursday, March 12, 2009

Spring in Texas is here!

 

Ironically, today--yes, even the very day this picture was taken--has been VERY cold.  I guess uncertain and oscillating temperatures are not uncommon in spring.  Like my dad says, "Yup, having plenty of weather today."

2009 LIVE copy

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Beautiful picture! Just today I saw on my screensaver a bluebonnet picture from last year. What a gorgeous way to welcome spring. :)

JenB said...

Becky, You should read the Lupine Lady with Seth! It's Very fun to read the story about the beautiful blue flowers that grow in the spring and be able to pick some of your very own.

Mandy said...

I echo Michelle-that is a beautiful picture! What kind of flower is that?

I was surprised when Mom and Dad told me they were cold while visiting you! Weather has become so much more interesting to me since many of our family members are living in different parts of the country now ;)

Becky said...

I can't believe I didn't mention it! The flower is a bluebonnet. Here in Texas, spring lasts about a month (well, and some cold winter remains, I guess) and we are in the middle of it! You know it's spring because these flowers are EVERYWHERE, especially in highway medians.

llamitanan said...

Sure loved seeing the fields of bluebonnets last week. Can't believe I didn't take any pictures of them.