So, Brian came visiting again recently. Daniel and I fully expected he and Seth to try and sneak some ice cream. We were not prepared for what happened. Earlier in the day, I tried my hand at making Pioneer Woman's bacon jalapeno thingies. (I hadn't heard of the salmonella on jalapenos in Texas outbreak when I bought them, but now I understand why they were only 99 cents a pound!) They were delicious, but since we could only "grill" them in the George Foreman grill, the spiciness could not cook out of the jalapenos. Daniel does not like spicy things, so he started making a salad to go with dinner. Brian wanted to see what he was doing. Daniel explained what he was making, then handed Brian a clean lettuce leaf to munch on. He was entertained for the next twenty minutes!

He never did understand that it was food. I think that he was having too much fun. He loved that he could tear it up. He also enjoyed picking up the pieces.

I guess this is how we "go green" around here. Oh, and why do we always have to learn things like "handling too many fresh jalapenos with your bare hands causes burns" the hard way?
Many happy returns!
1 comment:
Ooh Becky, I like your new blog background! I'm so glad that Brian decided to openly enjoy some lettuce instead of sneaking ice cream;-) I hope your hands have recovered from those aggressive peppers--I'm with Daniel, who needs all that hot and spiciness? Thanks again for watching Brian for us!
Post a Comment