As the due date rapidly approaches, life gets more crazy and more meaningful. I have forgotten that there are some things you just can't do when you are nine+ months pregnant. Yet, I love preparing emotionally and spiritually for welcoming a new little one and holding him and telling him how special he is. We are so very blessed.
For those interested, we just scheduled an induction for nearly a week past the due date. After a doctor's appointment when I learned that all of the contractions I had had hadn't produced much progress, I realized in discussion with my mother that herititarily (new word, I'm sure) I don't think I can go into labor on my own. None of her eight came on her own, nor any of my sister's five nor my other sister's three. Not to mention my first two... I'm just grateful to be so prepared that the induction should go smoothly.
We'll post the news here, so check back before September to see pictures of our new little son...
2 comments:
I really quite like being induced. It is so predictable & you are right where you will get the best care should 'something' come up. With Max we were prepared and brought a couple of games to play together but it went so quickly I only got to beat Jordan once! :)
Can't wait to meet the newest wild one!
Can't wait! Call the minute you leave for the hospital if you happen to start on your own! I'm headed to Cub Scout Day Camp tomorrow with my cellphone in tow!
Post a Comment