Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Two Goals for 2011

So, this year I have two main goals which will govern the individual changes and personal growth that I hope to make.  Much as I did in 2009, I want to include the perspectives that I gain on this here blog.  (Oh, dear, perhaps I have been in Texas too long...)

Goal #1:2011 temple

Take Care of My Temple

Our "temples" are our homes, our bodies, the area around us and about us, the things and environment that we have control over and can exercise stewardship in keeping order and keeping clean.

In a more goal-sense, that means eating right, exercising, keeping my house clean, keeping my conversations with others appropriate and positive, etc., etc.

 

Goal #2: 2011 choose copy

Choose to Live Life Purposefully

Too often I allow my life to happen.  What did I do today?  I dealt with the things that came to me.  Not that I begrudged those things, but I didn't approach them with joy and with purpose.  I want to CHOOSE to be happy, not feel happiness or cheerfulness based on whatever windfall comes my way.  I want to do things because those are the things that I choose to do.

This goal may sound suspiciously like my goal to LIVE in 2009.  Maybe that's because it is something that I need to keep working on.  May I "have life, and have it more abundantly."

My plans are to "report" my growth via postings with the corresponding logo.  (See logo next to the above goals.)  Feel free to suggest and support as I strive to live these goals.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Awesome, Becky! You have inspired me!!! Will you design me a logo if I can pick a theme?
I look forward to reading about your progress on your goals. I love you so much.

Emily Gerow said...

I really appreciate how you put into words your goal #2 explanation. That is definitely something I struggle with as well - just dealing with things that come (often begrudgingly) instead of approaching them with purpose. I love that! Thanks for the inspiration.