Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A December morning

What are we about these days?

Let's see:november1 359 copy

Jozef is potty training.  Or maybe I should say that I am potty training?  It seems to be just as much about the parents as it is about the child.  Some aspects of it he's a pro at, but we're working on other details...

 

Jenya can clap and dance and play peek-a-boo and sing and intone a few words.  But, NO interest in rolling, crawling or scooting.  Soon she'll be nine months, and we have no mobility for this chica. 

 

2010 10 06 Seth's Photo Shoot - 22

Jozef loves to converse.  The other day I was feeding Jenya, and Jozef came in and lay some books on a box.  I asked him what he was doing.  "Making French toast without bacon," he said.  After he lay out all of the French toast, he sat down on the nearby chair and said, "So, how do you like school?"  I replied with something general.  He said, "No.  How do you like kindergarten?"  He makes life lively.

Daniel continues with HOMEWORK.  He is almost done with his last semester of two classes.

I stay busy.  That will be enough right now.

Can I say how much I LOVE the holidays?  We have already rearranged several ornaments on our Christmas tree (mostly inspired by Jozef) and have been listening to Christmas music for a while.  As much as I love all of our Christmas traditions, I want desperately to keep my Savior as the focus of the season.  Does anyone have any suggestions for doing just that?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I just read a great article for focusing on the Savior. Check it out- there's lots of good ideas.

http://www.latter-dayhomeschooling.com/2010/12/christmas-time-refocusing-on-christ.html

I LOVED your daughter's picture! So cute!

France said...

Your kids are so darn cute! I have been following the following blog: http://ashadowcanyonchristmas.blogspot.com/ She is going to try and post something everyday in December that has to do with the Savior. Lashelle

Karie said...

Precious little ones. No mobility for your little girl - that's funny. I have a good friend here who didn't walk until she was 2 - Ha!