Friday, June 25, 2010

Two Recent Pictures of the J's

Here are two of my recent FAVORITE pictures of Jozef and Jenya.  I can't stop looking at them, and I can't help but smile as I gaze and gaze.

Recently Jozef and I have been doing "projects" in the morning while Jenya takes a nap.  We glued some fish to bubble wrap one day (a free sample project from 1-2-3 Preschool Projects) and we colored and made paper airplanes a different day.  This week we talked about caterpillars and made one out of an egg carton, then fed him grass and looked at pictures of caterpillars in our encyclopedia.  Jozef named the caterpillar Saeda and has made sure that he gets breakfast each day.  We also talked about Metamorphosis, and plan to next week cocoon Saeda and help him turn into a butterfly.

 

 

I really think that these projects, and the purposeful one-on-one time with my son have helped both of us.  Jozef definitely seems more in control of himself -- his sweet little personality is back.  Also, we feel more connected.  I love my Jozef.

Here's the recent picture of Jenya:

 

 

I LOVE the many facial expressions that infants share every single day.  This little one is exploring her fingers and learning to touch things and hold them.  She cannot get enough of her older brother and will follow him around the room with her eyes for as long as he is there.  Typically, if she is awake, she's happy and she has shared lots of giggles with us lately.  I am absolutely IN LOVE with her.  I love my Jenya.

3 comments:

Karie said...

Precious little ones... and I like your new blog layout.

Kaelyjoe said...

I love my niece and nephew too. :) Also - I LOVE what you did to your blog!!

llamitanan said...

I LOVE sweet Josef and Jenya--a little Fancy Nancy! Just noticed your new layout today. It looks awesome. Gooz Job!