"It's all clean and stuff," Seth says as he enters his bedroom. About an hour ago he emerged from his quiet time in his bedroom with white powder covering him. I immediately grabbed the camera and followed him in to his room where every toy and every book and every inch of furniture was thinly covered in dust. He had dumped out the toys in his toy box and the wagon of blocks before he had climbed up to get the baby powder.
Prior to this incident I struggled to use the baby powder since I couldn't get any out. Maybe I should have asked Seth for help.
Somewhat upset even after I had photographed the spillage, I told Seth to pick up all of his toys, which actually didn't have much dust on them. I then took a break from the situation. Several minutes later I came back to the room and he had indeed picked up all of the toys.
I learned why Seth had even climbed after the baby powder in the first place: He was changing his baby doll's diaper.
I guess Seth does NOT need a nap each day. I will have to better monitor his quiet time...
2 comments:
That Seth is a little too smart for his britches. I think it is ironic that the security code I'm supposed to type in for this comment to be sent is "inessize." That is sweet that he already wants to help change diapers. Looks like he has the right idea. :) Maybe remind Seth that quiet time is reading books ONLY and on his bed. Good luck!
Awesome. Reminds me of a few situations I have faced, too, involving chalk, diaper ointment, etc. One time I walked into the bathroom to find Russell IN the sink (I think he was about Seth's age :), eating toothpaste!
Seth is SOOOOOOO cute--I can't wait to see him again and be able to have a conversation. :)
I love your new font for post headings and the sidebar! You'll have to show me how you did that sometime!
Love,
Michelle
Post a Comment