Yes, I have joined the ranks of the many people (moms mostly?) that compose dozens of blog posts in my head, but somehow don't make it to writing or publishing them. So today I am stealing a few minutes to just write a few things from the top of my head.
Love -- I have felt so much more of it in my life in the past few weeks. Sometimes I wonder if it is a gift sent with our little girl. Love for my children. Love for my husband. Love for my parents and my siblings and their children. Love for my husband's parents and his siblings. Love for the sisters I serve with in my calling and for the sisters I serve in my calling. Love for my neighbors. Love for the person I run into at the store. Love for the person walking down the street. All different sorts of love, but all the kind of love that promotes action, that makes me want to do something for that person so that he feels that same wonderful empowering and endearing more-than-emotion.
Awareness -- I seem to have much more awareness of why I'm feeling the way I'm feeling. I recognize that I am irritable because I haven't gotten my sleep. Or, I recognize that I feel guilty because I'm sitting there nursing my baby instead of checking things off my to-do list. This awareness helps me to keep perspective so that the negative emotions can't take root.
Chocolate -- It still tastes wonderful. Has anyone else tried the dark chocolate Reese's peanut butter cups? Oh, yummy!!
Seth -- He says and does the sweetest things in between the normal two-year-old wreaking havoc moments. A couple of those "sweet" things:
Daniel has been trying to teach him some words in Spanish. He loves yelling, "Buenos. Stias!"
I asked Seth what we should do to celebrate Earth Day. He said, "Clean up our mess!" Too true... :)
His favorite phrase recently is "That looks familiar."
Projects -- There are so many projects that I want to do! I feel a little overwhelmed with so many things that I want to do, yet I feel so driven to do them.
Hopefully soon I will share some of what has kept us busy recently. Please know that although there have only been a few entries in the name contest, the contest is still on. You have until May 15th to submit your entries. The prize will be revealed before them...
2 comments:
Fond memories of our photo shoot! I'm glad you are enjoying those sweet grandchildren!
The dark Reese's PB cups are ambrosia and nectar!!! I LOVE THEM.
You have always been a person of great love. I hope to emulate that in you.
As for projects, I know what you mean!! But remember that Nancy will grow way too fast, and Seth, too, and the projects will still be there.
Sometimes it works to have them around you as you work, though. I like to set Rosemary in her bouncer by me while I pin fabric or cut out stuff, etc, and talk to her while I do it. :)
I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS!!!
Love,
Michelle
Post a Comment