So, a little while ago, I posted about Family Home Evening and the chart that I made. Well, I am thrilled to share with you the finished product (especially since I started planning it three years ago...).
What do you think? Sorry about the glare. The room doesn't have the best lighting. And yes, there are spaces for future family members--you can tell how I used velcro to attach the current family members to the spaces beside the responsibilities. Anyhow, it has helped SO much to bring a little more order and structure to our Family Home Evening so that we can focus more on the together time and on feeling the Spirit and on having family fun.
Oh, and if any of you are interested in ordering one of these canvases, comment or email me and I can send you the file I used. The company that I ordered them through (artscow) is currently having a sale $14 for two of the canvases shipped. So you can get one for you and for a friend. I'll send you the sale code when I send the file, if you'd like.
Another update on baby slings/carriers: THANK YOU so much for all of the feedback and responses, the comments and the emails. I feel better equipped to make the decision, although I'm still not certain which one will be best for us. Also, I read a ton of reviews on amazon and there is a lot of stuff out there! Thanks to one tip, I picked up a Hotslings tonight for under $20. We have a gift code for a place to get a Moby Wrap or a Sleepy Wrap for free. These were the two that seemed best suited for our needs and style. So, now we are blessed to get to try both! Thanks for all of your help!
One more update:
Some of you may notice the update in the picture immediately. For others, this is our almost fifteen-month-old putting all of her weight on her feet! Sweet Jenya has mastered a bum scoot for her locomotion. She uses her feet to pull herself forward while her bum-bum follows. However, when we try to help her walk, she will do the motion without putting her weight on her feet. We tried these shiny, squeaky shoes that she got for Christmas (a Fancy Nancy outfit) and they have helped her push down more with her feet to cause the shoes to squeak. She's a sweet one!
2 comments:
Yay for Jenya!! I've been wondering how she is doing! Glad she is getting moving, especially since you're having a new little one soon!
I'm finally catching up on other people's blogs from my long absence during moving, having no internet, etc!
In response to a previous post, I bought a Moby wrap because I saw someone at a store wearing one and I liked it and asked if she liked it. She loves hers. So, I bought one and pre-washed it. I noticed that it is a lot of fabric, but you can fold it to fit in a diaper bag.
Now, I haven't tried it out yet because I needed to watch the videos on the website as to how to put it on and we didn't have the internet for a few weeks. Now that we just recently got it back, I can learn and try it out and let you know! But, I just found out yesterday that Lorie Warr has one too and I think she has tried hers out so maybe check with her as far as the Moby's are concerned?
Yay and congrats on a boy! How wonderful!
Post a Comment