Saturday, September 18, 2010

Book Quotes

Jozef LOVES books.  We read and read, then he reads and reads.  As of late, he has been quoting from some of his favorite books.  It's pretty fun to have him just randomly say some of this stuff.  I have put a picture of the book he quotes underneath the quote.  Have you read some of these books?

" 'Skuh, skuh, skuh, ... Skull,' he stammered."

book1

 

"In my own front door; I'm stuck, stuck, stuck!"

book2

 

"I'm getting tired of summer vacation."

book3

 

"How do you do, friend mouse?"

book4

 

"That's the funny thing."

book5

 

"Absolutely.  Positively."

{Couldn't find an image of this one and couldn't find the book to take a picture of it!  Some favorite, hm?}

 

"Tikki tikki tembo no-sa rembo bari bari ruchi pip peri pembo has fallen into the well."

book6

 

All quotes above were exactly as he quoted the books, to my understanding.  We love our little bookworm!

7 comments:

Karie said...

A love of books - what a great start! Hope to see all 4 of you in the near future!!!!!!!!!!!

Dorothy said...

That's so cool! Summer loves reading as well, and I hope she keeps it up and starts quoting from them!

Stephanie Johnson said...

Lance loves books too...I've never read any of the ones you mentioned so I'll be heading to the library to check them out soon! :) Lance loves to read "Old Hat, New Hat".

Maria said...

I have a similar post in the works... :) Well done Mommy, you've instilled a love of learning!

Mandy said...

Coincidentally, Rosie and Roo have been watching a DVD of books read aloud that includes Tiki Tiki Tembo. Do you remember being read that book in kindergarten? Mrs. Barnes read it to our class. I remember loving hearing the long name--the almost drowning seems a little macabre, but it does teach a good lesson.
Cute new blogheader, bytheway: "Where the Wildings Are" is perfect! Love you!

Michelle said...

So fun!! I love this post, Becky! And I love the new blog header. When did you put it on? Sorry I'm so far behind. Can't wait to see you soon!

Cami Sullivan said...

precious!