Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Becoming Texan

This past week we did something as a family that makes us just a bit more Texan:  We took our kids and our cameras into one of the many fields of bluebonnets and . . . we took pictures of them.

 

one of the newest little Texans!

Thanks to the plentiful autumn and winter rains, the bluebonnets are thicker and more frequent than I have seen.  I LOVE this time of year!

10 comments:

Kaelyjoe said...

I love little Nancy! She is so cute! You're right, the bluebonnets are coming out and they're more beautiful than ever!

Rose Wilding said...

That is such a cute picture of Nancy!!! I just love bluebonnets. Cute idea in the basket!

Christina said...

Such a precious picture! She's beautiful!

Katheryn said...

Beatiful!

Michelle said...

Awesome, Becky. When we lived in Tallahassee, our sweet Fluffy was born in mid-May, while the mimosa trees were in bloom. Every year after that, I loved seeing them in bloom as we celebrated his birthdays. Beautiful Nancy will be your bluebonnet baby. :)
Sure love you guys! Can't wait to see you, and get to hold that sweet little niece!

Andrew and Brianna said...

Wow, I wish we had bluebonnets in Colorado! Beautiful picture!

Kathryn S. said...

What a great idea! Where are all of the rest of the pictures you took?

Christine said...

What a sweet picture!!! I wish we had that out here in Seattle.

Unknown said...

Fun! I love the picture!

llamitanan said...

What a clever idea to put sweet Nancy in a basket among the bluebonnets! I can hardly wait to hold Nancy in a couple of weeks!